It is so important that children pay attention to basic skills when writing, however, thisis much easier than it sounds. When children are writing they're juggling so manyskills and ideas that it is often the basic skills 'bal'l that they drop first. Use the BasicSkills Calendar to support children in keeping transcriptional and editing skills at theforefront of their minds.
Basic Skills Calendar
- Contains 6 poster prompts to guide you through your students learning calendar
- Provided in quality PDF format
- Use one poster a week as your focus skill
- Don't forget the others, but spend more time ensuring the focus skill is as good as it can be.
- At the end of the week, give out awards based on the focus skill before moving onto the next one.
- This works best when implemented across the school.